Friday, September 21, 2012

Makeup for a Fun and Funky Chevron and Turquoise Stylized Editorial Wedding Photoshoot


It was such a great honor and opportunity to get to work with these incredibly talented and inspiring ladies, Heather Lynn Photographie and Mariah Rainier Style. Chevron prints and accents are all the rage right now in fashion and decor, but Mariah had a new vision and the way she executed it in her styling of this wedding photoshoot was just to die for! It was fun, funky and yet modern with the perfect touches of classic vintage style. Click here to view Mariah's Blog Post of the shoot. It turned out amazing, and Heather captured every moment  and fine detail of it! She did a wonderful job orcestrating this shoot and gathering all of her favorite vendors to all come together to make on fabulous team!

Every aspect of this shoot was made up by people who genuinly enjoy what they do, but you don't have to meet them to know that...it comes across in these photos and that special eye comes from Heather. In her words, "I just love life, and capturing it from every angle. For me, photography is about capturing moments in life that evoke emotion, memories, and inspiration. Children, Families, High School Seniors, I love 'em all! But I've gotta say, there's something powerful and emotional about photographing Weddings. Weddings are my favorite, and I get misty-eyed every time I see the look on a groom's face as his bride walks down the isle. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I just love telling the story of the most important day in a couples lives through my photography." Click here to view Heather's Blog Post of the shoot.

The makeup I did for this shoot was inspired by the mix of classic, vintage and funky aspects of this style. I began by creating a flawless base by airbrushing her foundation. Airbrushing also allows me to custom mix colors to provide the most perfect skin match possible. I kept the eyeshadow and placement pretty classic, as far as bridal goes, with a clean champagne lid and warm neautral contoured crease. But then I added a dramatic black winged eyeliner and gorgeous false lashes to incorporate a modern flare. I kept the rest of the face fresh, with minimal contouring and highlighting, and just a touch of peachy pink blush on the cheeks. Now, normally, it's not "proper makeup practice" to pair and dramatic eye with a darker or brighter lip...but nobody said this was a cookie cutter bridal look and the style of the shoot sure wasn't! So I totally went for it! If it's done right, a brighter pinky red lip can look drop dead gorgeous on your wedding day! I couldn't be more happy and excited with how this makeup look turned out and how beautifully it blended with the style of this shoot!

Hair credit goes to my beautiful friend and hair designer, Miss Sarah Kelley. She is quite the perfectionist and pretty dang amazing at what she does...it definitely shows! Click here to view Sarah's album of hair designs. She is incredible and such a fun kind hearted person to work with. If you could call it that at all...we had so much fun doing this together, that it hardly felt like work! The passion for what we do just shines through these photos :)









And...here are some behind the scenes photos or our fun time together!




No comments:

Post a Comment